Are meetings an essential part of work or major time-wasters?
[event_signup display_till="Sep 16, 2011" event_date="Sep 15, 2011 4-5:30 pm CST" venue=Webinar (Online workshop)" charge="EUR 23 or RMB 200" event_name="Meetings as Teamwork"]
Of course, it depends on how you plan them, prepare them and conduct them. The average office worker spends 25-30% of her time in meetings, yet we all too often have bad feelings about the time we spend there, because:
- People turn up late or/and unprepared.
- Meeting participants do not have the necessary information to make decisions.
- No one seems to be in charge of results.
- The main outcome of the meeting is that you scheduled another meeting.
- No one follows up on suggestions and decisions made at the meeting.
Sounds familiar? Then it is time to think about the 3 fundamental questions of meeting management: Who? What? When?